Registration Office


Klagenfurter Straße (Zentralbereich)
28359 Bremen

Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 -13:00

10:00-13:00 and 14:00-16:00

Herr Esen

T 0421 218-61020

Herr Jahic

T 0421 218-61021

Herr Napp

T 0421 218-61022


RESIDENT PERMIT – EU citizens: All you have to do is turn in a notification of residence within the first weeks after entering Germany. You will receive a certificate of residence ( Meldebestätigung) at the Bürger Service Center in the city center (Pelzerstraße 40) or at the BSU (Bremen Services Universität) on the Bremen University campus. As of February 2013, EU citizens no longer require a Freizügigkeitsbescheinigung (freedom of movement certificate). A valid ID or passport and the above mentioned Meldebestätigung is all you need.


For non-EU citizens – To be permitted entry into Germany, you will have to obtain a study visa (Visum zu Studienzwecken) issued by the German embassy of your home country. If you want to extend your stay beyond the visa’s period of validity, you will have to apply for an extension at the Foreigners' Registration office.


The following documents must be presented at the time of application: valid passport, one photograph (for biometric identification), proof of your means of support (currently EUR 8.040 per year), certificate of residence in Bremen (Meldebestätigung), evidence of adequate health insurance and proof of enrolment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung).


PLEASE NOTE – Entry into Germany using a visitor’s or tourist visa does not authorise the bearer to enrol at a university! A tourist visa will not be converted into a study visa! For all foreign students in Bremen, the Foreigners’ Registration office has set up a branch on the Bremen University campus: Here, you can extend your visa, apply for or renew a residence permit, register/de-register or change your registration, apply for tax cards, e.g.






T @